Lake Powell RC Modelers
Members Present: Joe, Bob, Pam, Abby
1. Treasurer Tom Zwack has been under the weather recently and was not able to attend the meeting. The bank balance for Lake Powell RC Modelers is $3761.80.
2. The taking turns maintaining the potties has been working well. Joe completed his term of August and September. Jon is in charge of potty maintence for October and November. Pam will be responsible for December through March.
3. Judy Kitson wanted to share with the members who have rc equipment to sell that Creative Chick, next to Cancer Outreach Thrift Store, rents out shelves for a monthly fee starting at $25. If there are people who want to sell RC items, this would be a way to display them to the general public daily and have the store transact sales on your behalf. Member discussion focused on difficulty of selling big, fragile, specialized items. Member were willing to consider trying this on a limited basis to see how it works.
4. The November 8 RC Club meeting will discuss the Christmas Party, sale update, flying progress, field improvements, and include a show and tell. Please bring an rc project you are working on to share at this meeting at 6 PM at Pam’s house 585 Pinto Road.
5. Pam reported to the members about the Jim Kitson Memorial held at the field on October with Lake Powell RC Modelers and Page Tractor Club. LPRCModelers provided sandwiches, bottled water, tablecloths, and an airplane floral centerpiece. Tractor Club provided stew, cornbread, and bottled water. Jon Ridpath used his powered glider to spread Jim’s ashes across the sky above the runway. Judy had photos of Jim and told those assembled about his life. Members of the audience shared stories about Jim. See photos below